Senior Player Code of Conduct
This Player Code of Conduct applies to all senior players and associates of Wicklow Hockey Club.
Expected minimum standard of behaviour of every senior player and associate
All Senior Players and Associates of Wicklow Hockey Club are expected to behave in an appropriate and sporting manner, which includes the following:
- Conduct themselves in a manner that takes all reasonable measures to protect their own safety and the safety of others.
- Never use foul or abusive language or gestures.
- Never use physical abuse or threatening or intimidating behaviour.
- Respect the spirit of fair play, by participating within the rules and regulations of the game
- Respect the rights of others, including umpires, officials, team management, other players and spectators.
- Support all efforts to remove foul or abusive language and unsporting behaviour, and do not tolerate it from players, officials, team management or supporters.
- Promote the reputation of hockey and Wicklow Hockey Club and take all possible steps to prevent it from being brought into disrepute.
- Abide by the Code of Ethics and other good practice guidelines and policies issued by Wicklow Hockey Club.
- Failure to abide by these minimum standards may be considered a Disrepute Offence and will be dealt with by Wicklow Hockey Club in accordance with the discipline rules contained in sections 10, 11 and 12 of the Club’s Constitution.