Junior Player Code of Conduct
This Player Code of Conduct applies to all junior players and associates of Wicklow Hockey Club.
Expected mimimum standard of behavious of every junior player and associate
All Junior Players and Associates of Wicklow Hockey Club are expected to behave in an appropriate and sporting manner, which includes the following:
- Ensure all participants can enjoy learning and playing hockey safely.
- Junior Members and their Parents/Guardians are aware of the risks involved in playing hockey and will take notice of the relevant recommendations issued by representatives of the Club, such as Coaches and Senior Members.
- To ensure safety, Junior Members and their Parents/Guardians will follow instructions regarding behaviour on the pitch given by coaches.
- Junior Members report accidents or any other incident to the Coach without delay so the Coach can take appropriate action.
- Parents/Guardians and Coaches will encourage Junior Members to develop their abilities responsibly. This includes developing an awareness of winning and losing as outcomes outside our direct control.
- We actively promote the attitude that success means performing to the best of our abilities.
- Receiving and giving constructive feedback are central part of the learning experience on and off the pitch.
- Junior Members will take responsibility for their own behaviour at all times.
- Parents/Guardians will support the efforts of the Coaches and Wicklow Hockey Club to develop junior hockey.
- Parents/Guardians, Junior Members, and Coaches will communicate any concerns regarding safety to the Main Coach in charge of the session.
- “In line with the recommendation of the Irish Hockey Association’s Code of Conduct, the promoters of this event request that any person wishing to engage in any video, zoom or close range photography should register their details with the club secretary or event organisers before carrying out any photography. The club/Branch/IHA (whatever is appropriate) and event organisers reserve the right to decline entry to any person unable to meet or abide by the organisers conditions. Children and young people should only be photographed or filmed with their permission and the permission of their parents/guardian”.
Failure to abide by these minimum standards may be considered a Disrepute Offence and will be dealt with by Wicklow Hockey Club in accordance with the discipline rules contained in sections 10, 11 and 12 of the Club’s Constitution.